Small Business Administration to Release an Application for Relief Funding for Establishments that Serve Alcohol

The Small Business Administration (SBA) has announced that they will be releasing a grant application for relief funding for establishments that serve alcohol. For assistance applying, reach out to the Small Business Development Center ((SBDC) at Ohio University:

Applicants will need to collect and submit documentation to show how hard their business has been hit. Documentation will include tax information verification with the submission of a signed IRS Form 4506-T. Businesses may submit the following documents to prove gross receipts:

  • Business tax returns (IRS Form 1120 or IRS 1120-S).
  • IRS Forms 1040 Schedule C; IRS Forms 1040 Schedule F.
  • For a partnership: partnership’s IRS Form 1065 (including K-1s).
  • Bank statements.
  • Externally or internally prepared financial statements such as income statements or profit and loss statements.
  • Point-of-sale report(s), including IRS Form 1099-K.

Applicants that operate as a brewpub, tasting room, taproom, brewery, winery, distillery, bakery or inn have additional requirements, so be sure to thoroughly review what information is needed from the SBA before the portal goes live. All businesses who want to apply for RRF grants will not need to register with or acquire DUNS or CAGE numbers.

Priority period

Days 1 through 21


SBA will accept applications from all eligible applicants, but only process and fund priority group applications. See “Priority groups” below.

During this period, SBA will fund applications where the applicant has self-certified that it meets the eligibility requirements for a small business owned by women, veterans, or socially and economically disadvantaged individuals.

See “Set asides” below.

Open to all applicants

Days 22 through funds exhaustion

SBA will accept applications from all eligible applicants and process applications in the order in which they are approved by SBA.